Sodapop.json is the configuration file for a Sodapop application, located in the
application's /conf directory. It is required to exist,
but can be blank if the application wants to use all of the platform defaults.
An example sodapop.json file can be seen here:
The configuration file can contain arbitrary keys, and these can be polled within
the application through the Application
object. Some of the keys (listed below) are used within the framework itself.
Sodapop.conf allows users to set a default group of configuration settings and then
override those for particular hostnames. The default settings are listed under the
"default" object in the example above, and the host-specific overrides are under hostname
keys in the "hosts" object.
If any domain name is used to connect to the site that isn't in the "hosts" object,
the default settings are used.
- controller_path (string, default: controllers)
- The path to the controllers. Relative to the application root directory.
- view_path (string, default: views)
- The path to the views. Relative to the application root directory, or the theme root directory if themes are used.
- layout_path (string, default: layouts)
- The path to the layouts. Relative to the application root directory, or the theme root directory if themes are used.
- db_driver (string, default: Sodapop_Database_Pdo)
- The database driver to use.
- db_host (string)
- The database hostname.
- db_port (integer)
- The database port number
- db_name (string)
- The database schema name
- db_user (string)
- The database username
- db_password (string)
- The database password
- theme (string)
- The theme to use. This should match a directory name under the application's /themes directory.
- theme_ignore_actions (array of strings)
- Tells Sodapop to not apply the theme for particular controllers and/or actions. To exclude an action, the string would be controller_name/action_name, and to exclude an entire controller the string would be controller_name.
- debug (boolean, default: false)
- Turns on PHP's debugging functions.
- use_layouts (boolean, default: true)
- Tells Sodapop to use layouts.